The Rhodesian Ridgeback Club of
Queensland's rescue service has been in operation for over 30 years
If you are not from Queensland please look through our links page for other
State-run Rhodesian Ridgeback Clubs that might have dogs needing new homes.
Support RR Rescue QLD
by purchasing your Entertainbook/App through their portal.
And don't forget that the Digital Version lets you take the book with you in your phone so impulse decisions become cheaper too!
- We don't take orders, you can't send an email requesting colour, sex, age, breed crosses. We are a rescue, it's a bub that needs a home no matter what colour the fur.
- Everyone wants a cute puppy, so when you apply, so will 99 others, be patient.
- Don't promise your kids they are getting 'that dog' until you have been
contacted for a meet and greet and it's been confirmed.
- Rescue dogs will have issues, health, behaviour, toileting ... If all the dogs
that end up in pounds were perfect, they probably wouldn't be there, so expect
- Read their profile and medical history, be aware of the costs involved, if it's too much for you, then it's not the doggy for you no matter how cute they are. Be patient.
- Be ready. Don't apply then change your mind the next day, or want the dog in a
month, or not have landlord approval... They need a home now, if it's not the
- Don't bag out rescue groups, all groups do the best they can, with the best
interest of the dog in mind, not the people.